Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back on Track...Hopefully

I'm embarrased to say I don't think I've even started the Eldo this calendar year.  That's just horrible.

So today I spent a little time in the garage with her.  I was afraid she wouldn't even start.  But after about ten seconds of cranking she fired right up.  I let her run on fast idle for about 30 minutes.

In that time, I checked all the tires, vital fluids, trunk latch, seat motors, antenna motor and headlight doors.  The power windows are out of commision until I rewire the driver's door.  The power door locks are half installed.  The dash is still on the roof.  The trunk is filled with parts, not the least of which include two very rare black leather buckets and the matching console.  Oh, do I have big plans.

For the first time I connected the A/C compressor solenoid wire and tested the operation of the compressor.  I've always knows the A/C didn't work properly, but hadn't even begun to worry about it.  At least the compressor turns freely with no noticable or objectionable noises.  The Freon charge could be completely flat, or worse.  A project for another day...

Next weekend I'm going to tackle the rewiring tasks.  It's not a very difficult task.  But it sure is tedious and time consuming.

I promise to write more often.

I need to get this car on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment