Saturday, June 11, 2011

Too Many Irons in the Fire

When I started this restoration I told myself I would prioritize projects and work on important things first, like the brakes and non-functioning equipment like the air conditioning and cruise control.

But I spend a lot of my free time browsing ebay for Eldo parts.  This is how I found the bucket seats.  They are so rare I had to get them now even though that project is near the bottom of my list.

Also on the long term list are installing items like the Twilight Sentinel, Guide-Matic, and Power Door Locks.

I've assembled a lot of the necessary items for these projects but its time to put them aside and get back on track.

When the Eldo gets back from Pepboys with new brakes I'm going to pack up the parts and store them in the trunk with the buckets.

Now its time to work on the stereo dash pad that should arrive anyday.  There is a small cut in the top that will have to be repaired.  Then the entire thing will be dyed black.  Not sure if it will come with speakers.  If not, they will have to be purchased and installed in the dash before I install the dash in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment