Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bucket Seats

My car came from the factory with the standard interior Diamond Pattern Cloth with Vinyl Bolsters in Black, trim code 410.

ELDORADO STANDARD INTERIOR
Diamond Pattern Cloth with Vinyl Bolsters

COLOR/CODE

Black 410
Aqua 429
Covert 440
Maroon 449










The front bench seat was equipped with the optional 6-way power adjuster (2-way was standard).  When I acquired the car the black cloth front and rear had been replaced with maroon cloth.  I don't have any confidence at all that it is Maroon 449.


It is in very good condition however.  Any interior modifications could wait till other more important issues were dealt with.

Then I started to read.  Leather bucket seats with a center console were offered with or without headrests and a passenger recliner.  Both buckets were 2-way power adjustable with a 4-way driver optional.  Apparently the bucket seat option was very rare at only 1-2% of the annual production.  Without really looking for them, I found a set of black leather buckets on ebay.  I had to have them.  Don't even ask how much shipping from St. Louis was.

This photo makes them look pretty good.  They are not good.  They will have to be reupholstered but the back seat will have to be done anyway.  Note also the power seat wire harness.  Yikes.  These are the 2-way power buckets.  Not sure if I can adapt the 6-way motor and transmission but I'll try.  Later.  Way later.  These will go into the trunk till I get to them.

2 comments:

  1. I installed new black carpet, replaced the rear window deck over with a perforated one, installed the defroster on the deck, and completed the wiring. I had the new buckets and old back seat reupholstered in black leather. Then I installed on the seats. It looks pretty good I think. I really should update the blog. I got distracted by a 68 Fleetwood 75 that I purchased sight unseen last April. Had in shipped to California from Kansas in June. Just started work on it this month. It's a bit rough.

    ReplyDelete