Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Project - Turn Signal Indicator

On Friday, April 29, 2011, I started with a real easy problem and after two trips to PepBoys, I'm happy with the results. 

The left front fender turn signal indicator uses a 3.8 watt bulb in a plastic socket inserted in the lens from the inside bottom of the fender, easily accessible from the engine compartment.  The bulb was easy enough to find at PepBoys.  However, when I inserted the bulb into the socket, the socket crumbled in my hand.  Damn.  Back to PepBoys to buy a new socket.  They sell a socket for a Honda/Acura that takes a 4.5 watt bulb that seems like it would fit perfectly.  Hopefully this doesn't cause a meltdown.  I momentarily agonized that the car would no longer be original but I got over that pretty quickly.  Back home, I soldered the new socket into the wiring harness, inserted the bulb/socket into the fender lens and done.  That was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment